Senior Transportation Planner
Company: Garver Engineering
Posted on: July 4, 2019
GARVER SEEKS A SENIOR TRANSPORTATION PLANNER TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE
WITH THE PREPARATION OF TRANSPORTATION CORRIDOR AND ENVIRONMENTAL
STUDIES AND NEPA DOCUMENTATION FOR VARIOUS INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS
IN OUR AUSTIN GEORGETOWN AND FRISCO OFFICES.
The Senior Transportation Planner will:
* Assist with project management on transportation planning and
* Review and apply procedures for compliance with environmental
regulations under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
* Collect and analyze social, economic and environmental data to be
used in developing alternatives and in assessing potential impacts
of proposed actions.
* Prepare Feasibility and Corridor Study documents.
* Prepare NEPA documents, including Categorical Exclusions (CEs),
Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements
* Prepare technical reports in compliance with agency guidance,
policy and laws.
The Senior Transportation Planner will:
* Develop and support community outreach, communication, and public
information programs that communicate complex transportation
planning processes to the public.
* Research and implement best practices, emerging technologies, and
industry and cultural trends for community outreach and external
* Research and identify relevant demographics, stakeholders,
elected officials, and community groups for outreach programs.
* Create and maintain databases and contact lists.
* Prepare presentation materials for a variety of audiences.
* Oversee meeting logistics and preparations such as facility
booking and set up, sign-in sheets and other materials, ADA
compliance, and audio/video set-up.
Garver s Transportation and Environmental Team is a growing,
collaborative group offering our regional clients full-service
transportation planning and environmental capabilities. This
position will have the opportunity to make a daily impact on Garver
s projects by being involved in a variety of project-types with
diverse clients and working collaboratively with internal project
teams, to expand our transportation planning and environmental
services through high-quality work.
* Bachelor s degree in the field of urban and regional planning or
im them environmental sciences field. Preferred Master s Degree in
one of these fields.
* Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in transportation corridor
planning and project development under NEPA, particularly with
regards to transportation projects.
* Established knowledge of State and Federal transportation
planning regulations and guidelines.
* Established knowledge of State and Federal environmental
regulations and guidelines.
* Proficiency in technical writing of planning environmental
* Experience in Task or Project Management, managing a team of
staff to deliver a transportation project.
* Experience working city, county, regional, and State
* Experience with public involvement and outreach.
* Ability to convey technical information in a user-friendly,
* Excellent communication skills and able to work on a
collaborative team, both internally and externally, and in both
leadership and support roles.
* Availability for occasional overnight travel (generally less than
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined
engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services
firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With more than
600 employees spread between more than 30 offices in 12 states,
Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation,
construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation,
survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering
News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig
Group recognizes Garver as a best firm to work for. Garver is
celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation
events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating
funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national
origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities,
hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights
provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an
individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are
having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please
contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources,
TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Georgetown , Senior Transportation Planner, Professions , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!