Ready Mix Concrete Lab Technician
Company: Martin Marietta
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Are you ready to start a new career with a leader in the
industry and WORLD CLASS team! What we offer:
- PTO Available as of DAY ONE
- Competitive hourly pay with OT opportunities
- Guaranteed to be home every day
- 401(k) plan with company match PLUS an Employee Pension
- Full Medical, Health & Wellness Benefits start on FIRST DAY
Position Summary Make Safety a priority in everything you do.
Ensure that our concrete is in compliance with all required
internal and external quality standards and specifications. Assist
with the implementation of best practices and techniques with
regard to quality, production and delivery of concrete. Assist with
establishing and achieving quality objectives for all aspects of
operations, while working closely with operations, dispatch and
- Ensure all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe
manner. Obey Martin Marietta safety policies at all times.
- Establish the environment as a priority in daily activities and
act as a steward to the environment. Demonstrate a commitment to
meet or exceed environmental compliance.
- Work closely with plant operations on a daily basis to monitor
aggregate moistures, cleanliness and uniformity. Develop close
working relationships with plant operations in order to ensure the
concrete meets established quality targets.
- Ensure good customer relations. Must be able to communicate
effectively with customers in a diverse environment. Provide
customer support in resolving quality concerns and problems in the
field by working with various departments. Educate customers in
proper concrete placement and finishing techniques.
- Work closely with the Division Lab to ensure inbound raw
material testing schedules are met, and that all daily concrete
testing results are communicated to the appropriate party. Assist
with the investigation and testing of new raw material sources and
products. Ensure quality concrete is being produced through the
active testing of raw materials. Must report all suspect results to
- Occasional lab work will be required for both training, and
participating in lab related projects.
- Maintain a log book of all testing conducted at the lab, plant
and on-site, as well as all concrete related observations
throughout your shift. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in math, reading and writing skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Being mechanically inclined is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and act
in a professional manner.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to effectively manage
- Proficient with computers and technology. Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related industry experience.
- ACI Field 1 certification is required. Additional related
industry certifications preferred.
- Must have a valid US driver license with a clean driving
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental
temperatures and weather.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk on uneven
terrain. Working Conditions Most time is spent in an air
conditioned office environment with periodic outside assignments
that may require work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or
dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
Must be able to work early mornings and/or evenings, 10-12 hour
shifts, and Monday thru Saturday schedule. Our Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs At Martin Marietta we are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all qualified applicants and teammates. We
celebrate diversity and commit that qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Martin Marietta, Georgetown , Ready Mix Concrete Lab Technician, Professions , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!