Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Transporter with St. David's Georgetown Hospital you can be a
part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!BenefitsSt.
David's Georgetown Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the St. David's Georgetown Hospital family! We will give you
the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We
are looking for an enthusiastic Transporter to help us reach our
goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and QualificationsUnder
the general supervision of the Director of Imaging Services and the
Manager of Imaging Services. The Transporter is responsible for
transportation of patients, equipment, supplies and specimens
throughout the facility safely and efficiently. Assist nursing and
ancillary personnel with the movement and preparation of patients
for transportation within the facility. Cleans and maintains the
equipment for transporting patients. Friendly and professional
interaction with patients and family members. Working under fast
paced and high stressed environment with frequent interruptions.Job
- Transports patients utilizing the appropriate mode of
transportation, indicated on the exam requisition.
- Notifies nursing staff of patient location, signing patients in
/ out appropriately.
- Monitors patient's general health while transporting, reporting
any significant change in patient condition. Facilitates comfort
and needs of patient before during and after radiographic
- Prioritizes retrieval of patients using radiology exam schedule
and request of technologist.
- Displays good communication skills with patients, families, and
co-workers. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information at
- Performs CPR in accordance with established standards of the
American Heart Association. Implements code Dr. Leo procedure when
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide appropriate
care for patients of all age groups, from infant toddlers,
adolescents, child bearing females to the elderly in a kind,
considerate and professional manner.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained at hire
- High School Graduate / GED RequiredThis role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare facility located
north of Austin,
Texas. This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and
is known for its
Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and
Certified Chest Pain
Center. The hospital's range of services include 24-hour emergency
inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and newborn care,
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare,
which is one of the
largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer
in the Austin area. St. David's
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local nonprofits - St. David's Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world
and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Transporter opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Georgetown , Transporter, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!