Full Time Teller- Georgetown
Company: Prosperity Bank
Posted on: September 20, 2022
* How to apply: Please apply through Prosperity Bank's Career
Center at https://www.prosperitybankusa.com/Careers and to find
more job opportunities with our company. Please note by not
applying through the Prosperity Bank Career Center website may
cause a delay in the consideration of your application for this
position. Please also note these instructions on how to apply do
not apply to current Prosperity Bank employees.*
Perform numerous functions including processing deposits,
withdrawals, posting to general ledger accounts, cashing negotiable
items, processing loan payments, savings bonds, and cashier's
checks while promoting the bank's products and services and
providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
* Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate
performance of Teller functions.
* Represents the bank in a courteous and professional manner.
* Receives and processes deposits.
* Receives and processes loan payments.
* Cashes checks and other negotiable instruments for clients.
* Examines documents for endorsements and negotiability.
* Processes transfers between accounts.
* Sells traveler's checks, official checks, and money orders.
* Processes credit card cash advances.
* Verifies and balances cash daily.
* Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
* Offers other Bank products to meet customer needs and strengthen
* Has no more than one proof error within a 30-day period.
* Follow Teller procedures consistently and adheres to compliance
* Other duties as assigned.
* Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective, professional business relations with clients.
* Ensures that client requests and inquiries are promptly
* Operates online teller terminal.
* Maintains privacy of customer information.
* Ensures that the Bank's quality reputation is maintained and
* Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective
coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with
* Assists area personnel as required.
* Assists with training or orientation as needed.
* Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any problems
* Completes required reports and records accurately and
* Attends meetings and training classes that may be held on
weekdays, evenings, and/or Saturdays.
* Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
* Performs night drop functions as assigned.
* Performs related clerical duties as assigned.
* Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well
* Cross sells Bank products and services.
* Teller functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately
performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and
* Cash is balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A
balancing record that meets established standards is
* Good business relations exist with clients. Client problems and
inquiries are courteously and promptly resolved.
* Good working relationships and coordination exist with area
personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other
Tellers and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed
of area activities.
* Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and
* Consistently strives to develop new client relationships as well
as strengthen existing client relationships by identifying
opportunities to sell Bank products and services.
* The Bank's professional reputation is maintained and
High school graduate or equivalent.
Understanding of Bank operations preferred.
At least one year of related experience/cash handling required.
Previous Teller experience preferred.
Good communication skills.
Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
Good math skills.
Good typing skills.
Ability to operate related computer applications and business
equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin
and money counting machines, and telephone.
Monday-Friday: 8:00am-6:00pm (May vary)
Saturday: 9:00am-1:00pm (Rotating)
Keywords: Prosperity Bank, Georgetown , Full Time Teller- Georgetown, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!