Certified Medication Assistant (Part-Time)
Company: Wesleyan Homes
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Wesleyan is hiring and needs passionate,
driven, and energetic individuals like YOU! In seeking to fulfill
our life mission, our guiding principles are clear - the community
we serve and those we serve with are valuable. As a part of The
Wesleyan, you will have a unique opportunity to share our vision of
assisting those in need with an organization abundant in
opportunity for growth.The Wesleyan is hiring a part-time Certified
Medication Aide to work the 6:00am - 2:00pm shift at our Assisted
Living Community. As a Certified Medication Aide at The Wesleyan,
you will be a part of a mission and values-based organization that
provides endless opportunities for career growth.Essential Job
- Adhere to the allowable and prohibited practices of a permit
holder under the health and safety code.
- Pass medications according to physician orders.
- Notify charge nurse when medications need refilling.
- Maintain a clean and organized medication cart and medication
- May be required to work as Certified Nurse Aide when
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Follow resident rights policies at all times.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies
- Conduct resident rounds as assigned with oncoming or outgoing
- Ensure residents have their call lights in reach and answer
call lights promptly.
- Be responsible for residents under your supervision.
- Identify resident problems and report them immediately to a
- Report changes in resident condition to charge nurse or nurse
- Report any unusual symptoms (temperature, rash, etc.) to charge
nurse within the shift they occur.
- Report any accidents or incidents to Charge Nurse (falls, etc.)
within the shift they occur.
- Report incidents and/or unusual problems within the shift it
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately within
- Deliver direct care to residents, providing rehabilitative care
when directed and necessary and render care in accordance with the
Nursing Care Plan.
- Assist residents with bathing, oral care, dressing/undressing,
toileting, perineal care, catheter care, grooming, eating and
checking vital signs.
- Check residents every 2 hours for toileting or incontinent
- Strip bed, change linens and make beds on shower days and as
- Perform light housekeeping chores in order to keep the
residents' room and unit within the standards of neatness and
cleanliness required by the Nursing Home and regulatory
- Ensure residents are given adequate assistance with meals,
nourishment and transportation to meal service area.
- Supervise and assist residents with prescribed meals as needed
and feed residents who cannot feed themselves.
- Must be able to deal with possible agitated and confused
residents that at times can become physically aggressive.
- Encourage and motivate resident to participate in recreational,
occupational, and physical therapy to promote activity of mind and
body and other activities of daily living.
- Record accurately and timely, the care provided to the
- Must be able to deal in a professional manner with coworkers,
residents, resident family members, visitors, etc.
- Listen to resident and family complaints and report to charge
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate
- Observe infection control procedures relating to
nursing.Qualifications & Experience:
- Must possess current Nurse Aide Certificate from Texas
Department of Health and must keep Certificate current.
- Must have completed Medication Aide Training Program and passed
the examination to obtain a CMA permit.
- Must have a service-minded approach to all aspects of the
- Alignment with and enthusiasm about The Wesleyan's culture and
core values The Wesleyan is an Equal Opportunity Employer Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted employee meals
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Keywords: Wesleyan Homes, Georgetown , Certified Medication Assistant (Part-Time), Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!