Company: Texas Disposal Systems
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Brief:OPERATIONS SUPERVISORDescription:Job
Summary The Operations Supervisor oversees the weekly scheduling
and work output of equipment operators and laborers, ensures the
transfer station operates in compliance with relevant regulations,
and that contract requirements are met. This position also monitors
the efficient movement of traffic through the transfer station,
coordinates with maintenance staff to ensure equipment is
functioning optimally, completes and submits required reports to
the Operations Manager and conducts driver training and re-training
when needed. Core Responsibilities
- Wears the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when and
- Regular, punctual attendance.
- Oversee transfer station equipment operators and laborers,
including scheduling, training and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and administer work schedules to ensure appropriate
- Assign staff to meet fluctuating business needs and limit
- Ensure the transfer station operates in compliance with
- Monitor traffic movement through the transfer station to ensure
compliance with contract requirements.
- Coordinate with the maintenance staff to ensure equipment is
- Complete and submit the required transfer station reports and
analyses to the Operations Manager.
- Review the compensation plan with drivers on a weekly basis and
- Conduct mandatory safety meetings and "tailgate" meetings with
staff and track attendance.
- Verify that employees are in uniform and wearing the required
- Conduct driver training and re-training, as needed.
- Monitor trailer statuses and enter work orders.
- Conducts weekly vehicle inspections, road observations, and
pre/post trip audits.
- Coordinate with Logistics for last-minute schedule changes,
equipment or emergency requests, to ensure work orders and hauls
are scheduled and to assist with routing, when necessary.
- Conduct site checks to determine solutions for safe
- Assist with incident investigations.
- Operate equipment when needed.
- Run routes, when directed by the Operations Manager.
- Be available for work on weekends and holidays, as required by
- Ensure the completion of vehicle condition reports (VCR's) and
hours of service and Department of Transportation (DOT) logs.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced operational skills and a strong logistical
- Basic proficiency with navigating the Internet
- Basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – e.g., Word,
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the systems involved with
solid waste management and disposal
- Ability to become proficient with software and systems used by
the company, including fleet routing softwareQualifications:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on a
current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), with no serious accidents or
traffic violationsPreferred Skills & Qualifications
- At least two years of experience in solid waste facility
management or related experienceRequired Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Texas Class B commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Valid medical card or the ability to obtain one
- Must obtain Class B Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) License within
first six months of employment
Keywords: Texas Disposal Systems, Georgetown , OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!