Posted on: June 22, 2022
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours
volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Scheduling Coordinator
with St. David's Georgetown Hospital you can be a part of an
organization that is devoted to giving back!
St. David's Georgetown Hospital, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
* Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
* Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
* Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
* Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
* Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
* 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking
* Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
* Colleague recognition program
* Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the St. David's Georgetown Hospital family! We will give you
the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We
are looking for an enthusiastic Scheduling Coordinator to help us
reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for the secretarial functions in the appropriate
department. Interacts with patients, visitors, physicians and their
office staff, and other hospital personnel in a professional
manner. Enters patient orders electronically. Keeps patient
information confidential. Exercises professional judgment in
performance of services and maintains demeanor complementary of
* Performs clerical functions in compliance with hospital policies
* Responsible for courteous, accurate and timely communication of
* Take messages accurately and relays them immediately
* Responsible for supervision of nursing unit's physical needs.
* Answer telephone in a courteous and professional manner stating
name, title and unit.
* Responsible for ordering supplies on a regular schedule.
* Responsible for maintaining chart organization.
* Responsible for keeping files/forms in orderly, organized
* Obtain equipment such as beds, pumps, etc as needed by
* Print off patient instructions as needed.
* Prepare charts for new patients; and organize charts for
* Discharge patients immediately from computer upon patient leaving
* Notify housekeeping of rooms to be cleaned promptly after patient
* Handles patient orders and information appropriately
* Enters all physician orders including medication orders.
* Notifies nurse of new electronic patient orders.
* Enters information into Meditech accurately.
* Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to patients,
visitors, nurses and physicians in a professional manner.
* Interacts with family members as needed, in a customer-friendly
* Answer call lights and refers to licensed nurse, as needed.
* Assist with sending specimens to lab as needed.
* Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration.
* Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all
necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed
utilizing carts/computers on wheels.
* Ensure charts are completed and accurate.
* Verify all insurance and obtain
What qualifications you will need:
Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Good grammar,
spelling and math skill to perform related clerical and secretarial
duties. Ability to interact with others in a diplomatic and
courteous manner on the telephone and in person.
Preferred: Previous clerical experience in the hospital field.
Medical terminology knowledge. Computer skills.
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare
facility located north of Austin, Texas. This medical center
features more than 100 patient beds and is known for its Level IV
trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and Certified Chest
Pain Center. The hospital's range of services include 24-hour
emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and
newborn care, rehabilitation, and more.
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare,
which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the
third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare
was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and
two local nonprofits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing
applications for our Scheduling Coordinator opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA, Georgetown , Scheduling Coordinator, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!