Load Checker Yard
Company: Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Under general supervision checks all outgoing loads to verify
accuracy against customer invoice, sales receipt or other itemized
document; may perform duties at a yard check-out gate or in routine
yard or warehouse capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Checks contents of customers' vehicles or delivery trucks as they
leave the yard against invoice; ensures that all merchandise is
accounted for and also that the yard loader has initialed and
loaded the correct material and amount on invoice; if
discrepancies, handles resolution.
* May handle customer materials returns; fill out credit request
form, noting the condition of the materials and arrange for cashier
to have return value credited to account; restores materials to
* Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping
order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or
* Tracks all inaccuracy to report back to operations managers
* Uses DDM tracker and may perform inventory searches
* Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily,
weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
* Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Knowledge of company products sufficient to take into account
weight, shape and handling requirements
* Ability to read and write to handle work orders and labeling
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions
* Ability to count items and verify against prepared lists.
* Customer service orientation and ability to effectively
communicate requests and instructions
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent
experience. Preferably, previous experience as a load builder.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITYThe work environment and
physical activity described are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Work is performed within a production, warehouse or yard
environment, subject to temperature variations, equipment noise and
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on
occasion up to 80 pounds.
May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing,
lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)
765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send
resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to
request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
* Job Family OPS
* Pay Type Hourly
* Georgetown, TX, USA
Keywords: Builders Firstsource, Inc., Georgetown , Load Checker Yard, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!