Light Equipment Operator
Company: City of Georgetown, TX
Posted on: June 6, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Under the general supervision of an assigned lead or Foreman
operates a variety of light and heavy equipment in the maintenance,
repairs, and construction of streets, roads, alleys, drainage
maintenance and repair, etc. Participates in general maintenance
and labor activities as necessary for timely completion of projects
and work orders.
- Operates a variety of light and heavy equipment.
- Operates assigned equipment in the maintenance and repair of
the drainage infrastructure.
- Maintains, installs, repairs and constructs streets, roads, and
alleys, including blading, reclaiming, rolling, and asphalting
assigned streets, roads, and alleys.
- Drives various trucks, including dump trucks, and other city
- Operates mower, sprayers containing herbicides and weed eater
to clear grass and weeds from vacant lots, telephone poles, signs,
curbs, guardrails and fire hydrants.
- Cuts and clears fallen and overgrown trees.
- Re-grades ditches, clean culverts, storm sewers, and ponds in
order to reduce and minimize flooding.
- Sets forms for curbs, streets, driveways, sidewalks, and drain
- Digs, hauls, sets rebar and forms, pours and finishes concrete
for curbs, streets, driveways, sidewalks, etc.
- Paves roads and patches pot holes; sands roads and streets in
icy and/or snowy weather.
- Conducts safety inspections of vehicles and equipment, sets up
barricades, cones and road signs, wears protective and safety gear
as indicated for the work assignment.
- Prepares, gathers and transports tools, materials, supplies and
equipment necessary to complete work assignments.
- Cleans and repairs work site upon completion of
- Provides assistance to the Drainage Department
- May haul heavy and light equipment to and from assigned work
- Serves in extension of current duties as required for emergency
- May serve as lead for assigned staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Routine maintenance and repair techniques for a variety of
light and heavy equipment.
- Occupational safety and health regulations, practices and
procedures for area of assignment.
- Construction and street maintenance and repair procedures.
- Operating light/heavy machinery and equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working
- Reading safety and hazard warnings on equipment and
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understanding and following oral and writing instructions.
- Following occupational safety and health procedures.
- Solving construction and repair problems.
Required to work after hours in an on-call rotation within the
Working conditions: Constant exposure to weather extremes, noise
and vibration from equipment, moving traffic near work sites.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
Six (6) months of full-time work experience performing work that
is consistent with the essential functions for this classification.
OR Any combination of experience, education and/or training that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Valid Texas driving license. Must have or be able to obtain a
Texas Class B Commercial Driver's License within 90 days of
Hiring Range: $16.26 to $19.10 hourly.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: City of Georgetown, TX, Georgetown , Light Equipment Operator, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!