Library Assistant (Temporary, On-Call)
Company: City of Georgetown, TX
Posted on: May 31, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Assists in Library operations with emphasis on the operation of
circulation desk and providing general assistance for library
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter & resume.
- Assists Library patrons at circulation desk with book returns
and checkouts, payment of fines, and completing Library card
application and hold request forms; collects payments.
- Assist patrons, including adults and children, in locating
materials and information.
- Organizes books into their Dewey number and shelves them
- Uses computer and various software programs to assist
- Teaches basic computer skills to patrons and trouble-shoots
common computing difficulties.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
the general public as well as coworkers in the Library and
throughout the City of Georgetown.
- Maintains the order and cleanliness of Library areas and
- Opens and prepares Library common areas, computers, office
equipment and other search tools.
- Answers the telephone and refers calls to appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, training and Experience Guidelines
High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) year of full-time
experience working in a modern library to include direct customer
service experience. OR Any equivalent combination of experience,
education and/or training that provides the required knowledge,
skills, and abilities.
- Library Circulation or Reference experience preferred.
- Experience using the Apollo ILS by Biblionix preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish or another language in addition to English
- Library administration, organization, and operation.
- Integrated library systems.
- Dewey Decimal System in order to shelve and locate books.
- Using computer and various software programs; staying up to
date on technology trends and practices; applying knowledge to
assist library patrons.
- Working with a variety of patrons from all backgrounds and of
all ages, with a wide range of information literacy levels.
- Reading and digesting reports, memoranda, periodicals,
- Completing forms; taking messages.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations to keep tally of
patrons using the Library or participating in programs.
- Basic money handling procedures.
- Developing a friendly rapport with Library patrons,
establishing trust, and delivering efficient service.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling,
reaching, handling, fine dexterity, crouching, bending, vision,
hearing, talking, use of foot controls.
Hiring Range: $16.26 to $19.10 hourly.
On Call-Part time
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: City of Georgetown, TX, Georgetown , Library Assistant (Temporary, On-Call), Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!