Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)
Company: Care Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Altus Hospice is
GROWING! We are currently hiring
Compassionate Hospice Nurse Practitioners to provide patient care
in and around the Georgetown Area! If you are looking for a career
with a purpose and a supportive team culture, then this is the
position for you!
The Hospice Nurse Practitioner
provides hospice care through the evaluation and assessment of the
health history, health promotion, diagnosing medical conditions,
management of health problems by directing and developing the plan
of care, coordinating and collaborating with patients, families and
other healthcare practitioners. Under the supervision of a
physician, the nurse practitioner visits patients, completes
physical assessments, performs fact to face assessments and
evaluates hospice eligibility as assigned in consultation with the
hospice interdisciplinary team.
Altus Hospice is a premier provider
of end-of-life care. We offer excellent compensation and an
industry leading benefits package that includes a company matching
401(k) plan, a generous time-off package, cell phone and mileage
reimbursement, employee assistance programs, bereavement time off,
company-paid life and AD&D insurance, and comprehensive health,
dental, and life insurance coverage.
- Provides medical care, palliates and manages terminal
illness in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act under the
supervision of a collaborating physician.
- Consults with the patient's attending physician, the
hospice medical director and other healthcare practitioners
regarding the patient's eligibility for hospice care, ongoing care
needs and medical management related to the patient's terminal
- Reviews clinical information, coordinates and oversees
patient care in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary
team and other healthcare practitioners.
- Educates/counsels patients, families, and/or caregivers
as to preventative care, medical problems, psychological problems,
and spiritual problems in conjunction with the interdisciplinary
team to identify the goals of care and to meet the total needs of
patients and family/caregiver.
- Makes recommendations to the Hospice Medical Director
regarding patient eligibility for certification and recertification
for hospice care.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with current
Medicare/Medicaid, state/federal rules and regulations for hospice
- Master's degree with a minimum of one(1) year hospice or
palliative care experience as an RN or NP preferred.
- Holds current unencumbered license in the State of
Practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner.
- Certification in a specialist area preferred; (e.g. Hospice and
Palliative Nursing (CHPN), Pediatrics or Geriatrics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities,
articulating complex problems if they arise.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various
programs, including background in EMR.
- Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
Keywords: Care Hospice, Inc., Georgetown , Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!