Special Project Ready Mix Truck Driver - Non CDL
Company: Martin Marietta
Posted on: April 28, 2021
Operate Ready Mix/Concrete Truck in a safe and efficient manner
adhering to Martin Marietta and Department of Transportation (DOT)
rules and regulations. This position is primarily for Special
Projects in the South Austin area, with the possibility of
continuous Special Project assignments and/or Full Time
opportunities (based on performance and work availability). Summary
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection
on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection,
checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly,
through two-way radio or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading
and operation to and from work site.
- Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional,
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations
and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required. Minimum Education and
- Possess a Class A, B or C Drivers' License. CDL
- One-year experience operating tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix
truck driving experience preferred.
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to perform well in a "TEAM" environment.
- Self-motivator. Physical Requirements
- Climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged
standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Operate hand controls with both hands and foot pedals with both
- Perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and
- Work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet. Working Conditions:
All time is spent in an outside setting that may require various
periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry.
May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc. Must
be able to work early mornings & evenings, 10-12 hour shifts, and
Monday thru Saturday schedule. Our Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Benefits start on First Day
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs At Martin Marietta we are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all qualified applicants and teammates. We
celebrate diversity and commit that qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Martin Marietta, Georgetown , Special Project Ready Mix Truck Driver - Non CDL, Other , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!