1 year of experience required
The Nursing Float Pool at Bayhealth Medical Center provides a
platform for the Registered Nurse to learn and grow their skills on
multiple acuity departments. Successful candidates are highly
adaptable to change while in enhance existing clinical skill sets.
Nursing Float Pool Registered Nurses become vital resources in
nursing at Bayhealth. The Nursing Float Pool allows nurses to
develop clinical assessment, communication, and professional
networking skills throughout various clinical setting within the
hospital. The Bayhealth Medical Center Float Pool is seeking nurses
that personify our core values: compassion, accountability,
respect, integrity and teamwork.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to
patients within an assigned unit with a commitment to quality and
safety. Professional nursing practices, requiring specialized
knowledge judgment and skill are performed using the process in
accordance with hospital policy, procedures and nursing
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
1) Demonstrates the ability to identify and perform patient
2) Ability to develop a plan of care that prescribes specific
interventions to achieve optimal outcomes
3) Must demonstrate quality, safe and effective care for all
4) Must be able to participate in decision making and take
actions based on ethical principles
5) Must be able to utilize electronic medical record to enter,
collect and analyze data to improve the health status of those
patients that require care
6) Ability to understand and execute performance improvement
7) Demonstrates nursing standards with a standard of values of
compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and teamwork
8) All other duties as assigned within the scope and range of
Must have an Associate Degree /Graduate of an accredited nursing
Must commit to a BSN within timeframe as indicated upon
interview; BSN preferred.
Computer literacy with experience in electronic documentation
experience: EPIC Health Electronic Records (HER) documentation
Current DE RN licensure or eligibility to obtain prior to job
offer, BLS required.
ACLS / PALS may be required per manager's direction and
Commit to seeking specialty certification within time frame as
indicated during interview.