Advanced Technology Engineer - GREX
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Interview Location: Georgetown, TX
The Advanced Technology Engineer is responsible for
conceptualizing, researching, modeling, designing, prototyping,
testing, and implementing technology-based solutions for the
railroad industry. Candidate will advance solution development
initiatives through new research, and by leveraging industry
contacts/partnerships. Candidate will be required to work with
internal GREX engineering, operations and safety, and sales
departments, plus external software, research, and customer
partners to optimize solutions. This position requires a very
developed technical background with the ability to integrate
software, firmware, mechanical, electrical, and nuclear technology,
and strong writing skills to patent and present research and
Analysis, Research and Problem-Solving Skills
- Evaluate positive and negative aspects of competing
technologies from the perspective of both the solution provider and
- Generate new research ideas to bring more value to
- Invent new solutions in line with company growth areas.
- Serve as project manager for solution execution, including
performing the work as well as managing others in performing
- Develop solutions within constraints of timeline, budget,
functionality, and operational parameters.
Safety and Operational Excellence
- Instruct and educate on radiation safety, radiation protection,
state and federal regulations, and radiation physics.
- Give conference and customer presentations.
- Contribute technical expertise to current solutions based on
evolving technology capability, performance improvements, and
- Work with individuals within the engineering and service
planning departments on the practicality and need for
- Produce technical conference submissions, and trade publication
content related to new research and products.
Maintain an innovative approach to new ways to design, model,
research, prototype, test, conceptualize, and implement new
technology-based solutions to the industry.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Master's in Engineering field
Doctorate degree in the engineering field
1+ Years Experience and ability to learn various computer operating
systems, computer programming languages and environments, and data
analysis software used in nuclear, electrical, and mechanical
2+ Years Experience in regulatory requirements meeting and
documenting radiation safety programs, technical writing skills,
presenting at technical conferences, participating on technical
committees, and project management.
3+ Years Experience in nuclear imaging techniques, including
processing methods, CT image generation, Fourier analysis,
signal/stream processing, and image quality measurements; general
imaging techniques, including computer vision, machine learning,
image processing, segmentation, object detection/recognition, and
statistical machine learning applied to big data.
5+ YearsExtensive knowledge of nuclear technology. Research and
applied technology experience.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional
Railroad Maintain railroad safety training and certifications
Radiographer Maintain a radiographer license for the state of Texas
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 15% travel including international, using any method of
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical,
retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral
vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions
during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with
Keywords: Loram, Georgetown , Advanced Technology Engineer - GREX, IT / Software / Systems , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!