Company: Tek Resource
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Our well established Georgetown client has a need for a Software Engineer to join their dynamic organization. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager, and will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Senior Engineer. With direction and support from the Engineering Manager, and in collaboration with the Product Development Team, the incumbent will be responsible for the conceptualization, design and programming of their web development software. Initially this position will complete the 2.0 platform and work with our CTO and data analytics engineer to define future software deliverables. As the company grows, this position will oversee additional software engineering staff.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and embrace our vision and our business philosophy, and passionately focus on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations.
- Assume primary responsibility for the completion and future enhancement of software development for their proprietary platform.
- Oversee and engage in the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of a full system with a Web UI/Interface and Web-Service-based backend, both of which must be supported.
- Develop new detection schemes, user enhancements, UX/UI, etc. and ensure ongoing maintenance is performed on time to our products.
- Manage the migration of from the current server-based web site into a modern cloud based application.
- Help identify intellectual Property within our software that may be patentable.
- Ensure the security of all sensitive customer data.
- Create and use Web APIs.
- Intelligently display and represent large quantities of data, developing user-friendly graphing, charting and data visualization.
- Set schedules and deliverables for the Web Development Team and consistently meet them.
- Ensure that Windows desktop applications are maintained and enhance existing applications for our products.
- Maintain Windows driver packages for our GP and CX devices.
- Develop and validate algorithms for threshold definition, detection, depiction, and notification based on baseline data and customer defined criteria.REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Five+ Years of experience in web development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server
- Programming Languages: Object-oriented background in C# is required
- Web Frameworks: .NET core, ASP.net, web API, angular JS
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Cosmos DB
- Web Servers: Microsoft IIS
- Web Hosting: Azure
- Internet Technologies: HTML 5, CSS 3, JSON, FTP, SSH, SMS, SMTP
- Version Control: GIT, GithubPREFERRED SKILLS:
- Operating Systems & Web Hosting: Linux, AWS
- Strong Mathematics background, numerical processing and analysis, machine learning, pattern recognition. - provided by Dice C#, ASP.Net, WebAPI, Git
Keywords: Tek Resource, Georgetown , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!