Principal Software Engineer - IT
Posted on: December 5, 2019
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing
Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable in the full technology
stack with specific strengths in UX technologies. The position will
be working on a high volume, customer facing, performant, ecommerce
web site. They must be at ease working in an agile environment,
sometimes in teams, pairs, and occasionally with low supervision.
This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and
test-driven development.The team needs individuals with deep
e-commerce knowledge to guide and deliver a high-volume, highly
personalized e-commerce experience. We are looking for the senior
candidates who have a strong background in
Enterprise/Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities
to innovate and be creative. We are looking for highly motivated,
goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building
highly visible, highly available, and customer facing E-Commerce
solutions.Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in
object-oriented programming and experience in large multi-national
corporations. Candidates will be familiar with Microsoft
technologies, and will have worked on very large web sites dealing
with very high volumes.Candidates should be excellent team players,
yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage
multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little
direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can
drive the direction of very large projects being developed by
multi-shore teams.The Digital Commercial Experiences group builds
and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which
receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries
and is Google------d more than 1 million times per day. DCE
provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across
Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com
is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an
extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to
the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.Key
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation
- Design and develop a processing platform using various
configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in
existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project
managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate
technology and consistently apply best practices.Essential
RequirementsRecent, relevant experience in:
- Modern programming languages like C#, Java, Python, etc. (C#
.NET/.Net Core preferred).
- Concepts and understanding of Accessibility, SEO, and
Performance for modern Web Applications.
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Concepts and practical application of TDD (test-driven
development) and automated testing frameworks.
- Source control systems like Git, TFS, Subversion, Mercurial,
etc. (Git Preferred)
- Continuous integration technologies like Team City, Jenkins,
GitLab, PCF, etc.Desirable Requirements
- SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) and
- Cloud and related deployment technologies like AWS, Azure,
Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc. (Azure/PCF
- Infrastructure/container automation technologies like Docker,
Vagrant, etc. (Docker preferred)
- Quality, Security, and Metrics tools like SonarQube,
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Pivotal development
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant field.
- Bachelor------s Degree in computer science or equivalent
Keywords: Dell, Georgetown , Principal Software Engineer - IT, IT / Software / Systems , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!