Registered Nurse Inpatient Rehab
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: October 11, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare ,
one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized
with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's
Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services, including a 24-hour
emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified
Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and
outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care
capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and
maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close
to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent
campus, St. David's Medical Center , Healthgrades awarded St.
David's Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals
Award---, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award--- and the 2016
Outstanding Patient Experience Award----a unique trio of awards
that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve-as
well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
Excellence. Additionally, St. David's Georgetown Hospital was named
to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for
four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility
earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog
Group from 2012 to 2016.
Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to
patients with a broad range of illnesses. The RN is involved in
direct and indirect patient care. The RN provides direction to
licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and other non-licensed nursing
personnel in providing direct patient care. The staff nurse
supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the
Medical Staff pursuant to the objectives of the hospital. In
collaboration with other health team members, follows the
philosophy, policies and goals of the facility and department.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Performs patient assessments/reassessments on a regular basis in
accordance with established policy.
- The priority of data collection is determined by the patient's
immediate condition or needs.
- Pertinent data is collected using appropriate assessment
- Data collection involves the patient, significant others, and
health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.In
collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team,
formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each
patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
- The plan is individualized to the patient's condition, age or
- The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and
health care providers, when appropriate.
- The plan reflects current nursing practice.
- The plan is documented.
- Prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet the goals, as
well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and
social needs of the patient.
- The plan provides for continuity of care.
- The plan is appropriate to the patient's age, developmental
age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related
to the diagnosis.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient care.
Performs skills proficiently and in accordance with the standards
- Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with
maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and
- Provides for patient safety at all time.
- Verifies accuracy of medication administration by following all
- Interventions are implemented in a safe and appropriate manner
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span to identify patient and family requirements
relative to age-specific needs
- Teaches, supervises, and serves as a resource person and
delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff
members. Serves as a mentor and completes the appropriate
documentation of training and competency.
- Provides health care teaching to patient/family or significant
other with documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with people form diverse
- Can manage multiple priorities.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment. Evaluates the
patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Evaluation is systematic and ongoing, including diagnoses and
plan of care.
- The patient's responses to interventions are documented.
- The effectiveness of interventions is evaluated and
- The patient, significant others, and health care providers are
involve din the evaluation process, when appropriate. Performs
nursing care in an organized and systematic manner.
- Can organize work and utilize time efficiently based on
knowledge of nursing theories and procedures.
- Can interpret reports, data and medical information to
determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
Education & Experience
Required : Graduate of accredited nursing school
Preferred: Computer skills
Licenses & Certificates
Required: Texas RN license; BLS certification
Preferred: Previous experience in acute care rehab nursing
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown , Registered Nurse Inpatient Rehab, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!