Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Rehab - PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 6, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare ,
one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized
with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's
Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services, including a 24-hour
emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified
Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and
outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care
capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and
maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close
to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent
campus, St. David's Medical Center , Healthgrades awarded St.
David's Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals
Award---, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award--- and the 2016
Outstanding Patient Experience Award----a unique trio of awards
that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve-as
well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
Excellence. Additionally, St. David's Georgetown Hospital was named
to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for
four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility
earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog
Group from 2012 to 2016.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Under the supervision of the Rehabilitation Services Director and
according to hospital policies and procedures, the Cardiac Rehab
Registered Nurse assess, plans, implements, and evaluates cardiac
nursing care for the assigned patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the delivery of Cardiac Rehab Services. Plans,
coordinates and provides on-site supervision for the delivery of
out-patient Cardiac Rehab
- Assures that all out-patients are appropriately prepped for
telemetry prior to the start of their exercise session.
- Assures that each patient is assigned to an exercise
physiologist for monitoring during each session.
- Monitors telemetry during out-patient exercise sessions.
- Assures that exercise area is set-up and orderly, both before
and after sessions.
- Coordinates and discusses patient progress with attending
physician, and primary physician as necessary.
- Meets regularly with each patient, formally and informally as
needed, to assess progress in program and provide appropriate
- Refers appropriate patients for consultations with Dietary,
Social Services, Pastoral, Pharmacy, and Psychologist as
- Communicates problems or concerns of the patient to the
referring physician by phone that occur during an exercise
- Responds to referrals and begins the process for each patient
entry as necessary.
- Contacts the referred out-patients by telephone and provides a
brief overview of the program.
- Collects insurance information, completes the insurance
verification form, and gives it to the admissions registrar.
- Schedules an initial evaluation and mails out the intake
- Begins the chart process, request of medical records, chart
label, and all entry documentation.
- Documents patient treatment regularly and accurately according
to departmental policy.
- Documents legible and concise entries in the medical
- Documents complete medical history on each patient on initial
- Documents exercise progress notes on each patient participating
in class and submits accurate charges daily for cardiac
- Assures that patient's exercise record is current and
accurately reflects patient's progress.
- Sends written correspondence and discharge summary with program
outcomes to physician as appropriate.
- Initiates advanced cardiac life support measures according to
St. David's protocols in the event of a cardiac emergency.
- Provides appropriate education to all phase II patients during
- Teaches patients and families understanding, treatment, and
management or cardiovascular disorders.
- Documents patient's education, the patient's understanding
and/or a follow-up plan.
- Facilitates family participation in the teaching plan.
- Familiar with current standards of practice and clinical
- Adheres to exercise protocols and responds to adverse reactions
- Makes recommendations to the cardiac rehab coordinator the need
for program changes, updates or revisions to promote continuous
- Coordinates Fit Heart referral and intake process.
- Collects payment for Fit Heart and Phase III dues.
- Collects and reports cardiac rehab statistics monthly
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Required: Graduation from an NLN school of
professional nursing. Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing
a BSN degree. Experience as a Staff Nurse in an acute care or ICU
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: Current Texas RN license. Current certification for BCLS
Preferred: Current certification for ACLS Healthcare Provider.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Georgetown , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Rehab - PRN, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!