Medical Social Worker - Weekdays
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: February 27, 2019
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services, including a 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent campus, St. David's Medical Center, Healthgrades awarded St. David's Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals Award---, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award--- and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award----a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve-as well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David's Georgetown Hospital was named to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016.
The Social Worker coordinates and provides clinical social work and/or discharge planning services (in conjunction with the Case Management Team) to patients and families.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Social Worker is responsible for the coordination and provision of clinical social work and/or discharge planning services to patients and families in accordance with all departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive assessment which takes into account the patient's current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems and documentation of plan in chart.
- Development and implementation of patient-centered treatment goals and plans utilizing appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Active listening and supportive counseling.
- Collaborative formulation of appropriate and realistic patient-centered discharge plans including the arrangement of any necessary follow-up services such as durable medical equipment, home health and/or placement.
- Advocacy in support of the patient's right to self-determination.
- Acting as a liaison between patients, families, visitors, physicians, GHS staff and/or other community service providers.
- Community information and referral.
- Thorough and timely documentation regarding the patient's problems, goals, plans and/or relevant Social Work interventions.
- Participation in and/or facilitation of Interdisciplinary Care Conferences.
- Timely attendance at and positive, active participation in departmental meetings.
- Education and/or consultation services to patients, families, visitors, physicians, GHS staff and the community regarding issues such as: Human behavior, psychosocial components of illness, disability, hospitalization, and/or end-of-life care. Advance directives. Community resources.
Required: Master's Degree in Social Work
Required: Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, computer skills
Preferred: Medical Social Work experience
Required: Current Texas Social Work licensure (acceptable licensure includes LMSW, LMSW-AP and LMSW-ACP
JOB SHIFTThis position will work Monday-Friday with the occasional Saturday.
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown , Medical Social Worker - Weekdays, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!