Registered Nurse (RN) Inpatient Rehab Part Time Days
Posted on: December 23, 2018
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services, including a 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent campus, St. David's Medical Center , Healthgrades awarded St. David's Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals Award, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award-a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve-as well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David's Georgetown Hospital was named to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016.
Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients with a broad range of illnesses. The RN is involved in direct and indirect patient care. The RN provides direction to licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and other non-licensed nursing personnel in providing direct patient care. The staff nurse supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the objectives of the hospital. In collaboration with other health team members, follows the philosophy, policies and goals of the facility and department.
Performs patient assessments/reassessments on a regular basis in accordance with established policy.
- The priority of data collection is determined by the patient's immediate condition or needs.
- Pertinent data is collected using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Data collection involves the patient, significant others, and health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team, formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
- The plan is individualized to the patient's condition, age or needs.
- The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and health care providers, when appropriate.
- The plan reflects current nursing practice.
- The plan is documented.
- Prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet the goals, as well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social needs of the patient.
- The plan provides for continuity of care.
- The plan is appropriate to the patient's age, developmental age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related to the diagnosis.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient care.
Performs skills proficiently and in accordance with the standards of care.
- Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and education.
- Provides for patient safety at all time.
- Verifies accuracy of medication administration by following all safety measures.
- Interventions are implemented in a safe and appropriate manner and documented.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs
- Teaches, supervises, and serves as a resource person and delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff members. Serves as a mentor and completes the appropriate documentation of training and competency.
- Provides health care teaching to patient/family or significant other with documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with people form diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Can manage multiple priorities.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Evaluation is systematic and ongoing, including diagnoses and plan of care.
- The patient's responses to interventions are documented.
- The effectiveness of interventions is evaluated and documented.
- The patient, significant others, and health care providers are involve din the evaluation process, when appropriate.
Performs nursing care in an organized and systematic manner.
- Can organize work and utilize time efficiently based on knowledge of nursing theories and procedures.
- Can interpret reports, data and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
Keywords: HCA., Georgetown , Registered Nurse (RN) Inpatient Rehab Part Time Days, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!