Operating Room Registered Nurse
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as an Operating Room Registered Nurse you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St.
David's Georgetown Hospital which is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsSt. David's
Georgetown Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports
the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Operating Room Registered Nurse where your passion
for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsAs an Operating Room Registered Nurse
(RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments,
developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As
a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work
collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and
accurate delivery of care.
- You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
- You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
- You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
- You will perform correct surgical preps.
- You will accurately document and report patient care.
- You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties
- You will participate in staff and self-development.
- You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
- You will complete annual department
- 1 year of experience as an Operating Room Registered Nurse
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
- License and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification - per
SDH policySt. David's
Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare facility located
north of Austin,
Texas. This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and
is known for its
Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and
Certified Chest Pain
Center. The hospital's range of services include 24-hour emergency
inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and newborn care,
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare,
which is one of the
largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer
in the Austin area. St. David's
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local nonprofits - St. David's Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Operating Room Registered Nurse opening. We review
all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown , Operating Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!