ICU Registered Nurse at St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Georgetown Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) ICU Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David's Georgetown Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our ICU Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. As the Registered Nurse in the ICU, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure the orders are carried out correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services needed
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will provides care for the critically ill patients with central/invasive lines, hemodynamic pressure lines, pressure monitoring devices, temporary pacing, artificial airway/mechanical ventilation
* You will provide care for unstable cardiac patients, immediate post-op patients and potential organ or tissue donor patients
* 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* Recent critical care/clinical nursing experience preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a comprehensive healthcare facility located north of Austin, Texas. This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and is known for its Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and Certified Chest Pain Center. The hospitals range of services include 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and newborn care, rehabilitation, to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Georgetown , ICU Registered Nurse at St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
here to apply!