RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Intensive Care ICU Registered Nurse Job
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have thecareer opportunities as a Critical Care Registered
Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunityfor you to join St. Davids Georgetown Hospital, a
facility that is part of thenation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. Davids Georgetown Hospital we want to ensure your needs are
met.We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans alongwith some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- PaidPersonal Leave
- 401k(100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- IdentityTheft Protection discounts
- Auto,Home, and Life Insurance options
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contributeto our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you
havethe opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated ICU RN like you to bea part of our team.
As aRegistered Nurse (RN) in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you
will be responsiblefor performing patient assessments, developing a
plan of care, implementing andevaluating care. As the Registered
Nurse in the ICU, you will be responsiblefor directing, monitoring
and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensedpersonnel on the
- Youwill perform and document patient assessments at the time of
- Youwill create a plan of care, including discharge plans,
revise the plans basedon the patients response to treatment and
regularly evaluate plans foreffectiveness
- Youwill document the outcomes of nursing interventions and
- Youwill provide educational materials to patients and families
on care andtreatments
- Youwill administer medications and complete treatments
according to hospitalpolicy
- Youwill perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids
and IV medications
- Youwill review all new physician orders, ensure the orders are
carried outcorrectly, and verify that other departments are
notified of orders andservices needed
- Youwill notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in
- Youwill provide accurate and relevant patient information
reports to the ChargeNurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure
continuity of care
- Youwill provides care for the critically ill patients with
central/invasive lines,hemodynamic pressure lines, pressure
monitoring devices, temporary pacing,artificial airway/mechanical
- Youwill provide care for unstable cardiac patients, immediate
post-op patients andpotential organ or tissue donor patientsSt.
DavidsGeorgetown Hospital, which is part of St. Davids HealthCare,
is a 114-bedfacility offering a range of services, including a
24-hour emergency departmentwith a level IV trauma center;
Certified Primary Stroke Center; inpatient andoutpatient surgery;
advanced pulmonary intervention; critical carecapabilities; acute
inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; orthopedics andjoint
replacement; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby
coupletcare close to home for Georgetown families. In 2019, St.
Davids GeorgetownHospital was named among the nation's 100 Top
Hospitals by IBM Watson Health(formerly known as Truven) in
conjunction with its parent campus, St. DavidsMedical Center, which
made the list for the tenth consecutive year.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost forthe delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensatedexpenses.
If you arelooking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and
personal growth, weencourage you to apply for our Critical Care
Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highlyqualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock
the possibilitiesand apply today!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care
- Recentcritical care/clinical nursing experience
- AssociatesDegree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing
- Bachelorof Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred License and
- CurrentState of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered NursingLicense. If Compact License Texas license must be
obtained within 90 days ofhire
- BasicLife Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare
- AdvancedCardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
required as per St. DavidsHealthcare policy
- CriticalCare Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification
- CertifiedEmergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the r...
Keywords: HCA., Georgetown , RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Intensive Care ICU Registered Nurse Job, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!