Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: WESLEYAN HOMES, INC
Posted on: November 21, 2022
DescriptionThe Wesleyan is hiring and needs passionate, driven,
and energetic individuals like YOU! In seeking to fulfill our
abundant life mission, our guiding principles are clear: we will
work to protect our residents, staff and neighbors. This has
created a unique opportunity for our community to step up and help
those in need within our community.The Wesleyan is hiring Certified
Nursing Assistants to work within our Skilled Nursing and Rehab
Community. As a Certified Nursing Assistantat The Wesleyan, you
will be a part of a mission and values-based organization that
provides endless opportunities for career growth.Essential Job
- Perform all Nursing Aide procedures as directed in accordance
with job description and instructions from Charge Nurse.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Follow resident rights policies at all times.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies
- Conduct resident rounds as assigned with oncoming or outgoing
- Ensure residents have their call lights in reach. Answer call
- Be responsible for residents under your supervision.
- Identify resident problems and report them immediately to a
- Report changes in resident condition to charge nurse or nurse
- Report any unusual symptoms (temperature, rash, etc.) to charge
nurse within the shift they occur.
- Report any accidents or incidents to Charge Nurse (falls, etc.)
within the shift they occur.
- Report incidents and/or unusual problems within the shift it
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately within
- Deliver direct care to residents, providing rehabilitative care
when directed and necessary and render care in accordance with the
Nursing Care Plan.
- Assist residents with bathing, oral care, dressing/undressing,
toileting, perineal care, catheter care, grooming, eating and
checking vital signs.
- Check residents every 2 hours for toileting or incontinent
- Strip bed, change linens and make beds on shower days and as
- Perform light housekeeping chores in order to keep the
residents' room and unit within the standards of neatness and
cleanliness required by the Nursing Home and regulatory
- Ensure residents are given adequate assistance with meals,
nourishment and transportation to meal service area.
- Supervise and assist residents with prescribed meals as needed
and feed residents who cannot feed themselves.
- Must be able to deal with possible agitated and confused
residents that at times can become physically aggressive.
- Encourage and motivate resident to participate in recreational,
occupational, and physical therapy to promote activity of mind and
body and other activities of daily living.
- Record accurately and timely, the care provided to the
- Must be able to deal in a professional manner with coworkers,
residents, resident family members, visitors, etc.
- Listen to resident and family complaints and report to charge
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate
- Observe infection control procedures relating to nursing.
- Participate in in-service classes as assigned and complete 12
hours in-service as designed by federal regulations.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, nurses, other
nursing assistants, physicians, nurse practitioners, families,
administration, consultant personnel and ancillary service
providers.Qualifications & Experience:--- Must possess current
Nurse Aide Certificate from Texas Department of Health and must
keep Certificate current. Schedule:Eight-hour shifts available:
6am- 2:00 pm and 2:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. The Wesleyan's COVID-19
Vaccination Policy: All new hires for this position within our
Skilled Nursing and Rehab community will be required to provide
proof of receipt of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. The Wesleyan is
an Equal Opportunity EmployerBenefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted employee meals
- Annual bonus
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid AD & D
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
Keywords: WESLEYAN HOMES, INC, Georgetown , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!