CNA (6am to 2pm) - Skilled Nursing and Rehab
Company: Wesleyan Homes
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Wesleyan is hiring and we are looking for passionate,
caring, and energetic individuals like YOU! In seeking to fulfill
our life mission, our guiding principles are clear - the community
we serve and those we serve with are valuable. As a part of The
Wesleyan, you will have a unique opportunity to share our vision
and mission of assisting those in need with an organization
abundant in opportunity for growth.The Wesleyan is hiring Certified
Nursing Assistants to work the 6am to 2pm shift within our Skilled
Nursing and Rehab Community. As a Certified Nursing Assistant at
The Wesleyan, you will be a part of a mission and values-based
organization that provides endless opportunities for career
growth.Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all Nursing Aide procedures as directed in accordance
with job description and instructions from Charge Nurse.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Follow resident rights policies at all times.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies
- Conduct resident rounds as assigned with oncoming or outgoing
- Ensure residents have their call lights in reach. Answer call
- Be responsible for residents under your supervision.
- Identify resident problems and report them immediately to a
- Report changes in resident condition to charge nurse or nurse
- Report any unusual symptoms (temperature, rash, etc.) to charge
nurse within the shift they occur.
- Report any accidents or incidents to Charge Nurse (falls, etc.)
within the shift they occur.
- Report incidents and/or unusual problems within the shift it
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately within
- Deliver direct care to residents, providing rehabilitative care
when directed and necessary and render care in accordance with the
Nursing Care Plan.
- Assist residents with bathing, oral care, dressing/undressing,
toileting, perineal care, catheter care, grooming, eating and
checking vital signs.
- Check residents every 2 hours for toileting or incontinent
- Strip bed, change linens and make beds on shower days and as
- Perform light housekeeping chores in order to keep the
residents' room and unit within the standards of neatness and
cleanliness required by the Nursing Home and regulatory
- Ensure residents are given adequate assistance with meals,
nourishment and transportation to meal service area.
- Supervise and assist residents with prescribed meals as needed
and feed residents who cannot feed themselves.
- Must be able to deal with possible agitated and confused
residents that at times can become physically aggressive.
- Encourage and motivate resident to participate in recreational,
occupational, and physical therapy to promote activity of mind and
body and other activities of daily living.
- Record accurately and timely, the care provided to the
- Must be able to deal in a professional manner with coworkers,
residents, resident family members, visitors, etc.
- Listen to resident and family complaints and report to charge
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate
- Observe infection control procedures relating to nursing.
- Participate in in-service classes as assigned and complete 12
hours in-service as designed by federal regulations.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, nurses, other
nursing assistants, physicians, nurse practitioners, families,
administration, consultant personnel and ancillary service
providers.Qualifications & Experience:
- Must possess current Nurse Aide Certificate from Texas
Department of Health and must keep Certificate current.
- Must have a service-minded approach to all aspects of the
- Alignment with and enthusiasm about The Wesleyan's culture and
Shift Schedule: Eight-hour shifts available from 5:45 a.m. - 2:15
The Wesleyan's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All new hires for this
position within our Skilled Nursing and Rehab community will be
required to provide proof of receipt of an approved COVID-19
vaccine.The Wesleyan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted employee meals
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid AD & D
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
Keywords: Wesleyan Homes, Georgetown , CNA (6am to 2pm) - Skilled Nursing and Rehab, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!