Operating Room Registered Nurse
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: June 20, 2022
DescriptionIntroductionSt. David's Georgetown Hospital is
committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to
work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering
patient-centered care? Submit your application for Operating Room
Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with
the patient.BenefitsAt St. David's Georgetown Hospital we want to
ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse.
We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsYou contribute to our success let us contribute to yours!
Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or
C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to
deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St.
David's Georgetown Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsAs an
Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for
performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and
implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
- You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
- You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
- You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
- You will perform correct surgical preps.
- You will accurately document and report patient care.
- You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties
- You will participate in staff and self-development.
- You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
- You will complete annual department competencies.Requirements
- 1 year Operating room environmentEducationAssociate's degree in
Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferredLicense and
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification - per
SDH policySt. David's Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive
healthcare facility located north of Austin, Texas. This medical
center features more than 100 patient beds and is known for its
Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and
Certified Chest Pain Center. The hospital's range of services
include 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery,
maternity and newborn care, rehabilitation, and more.St. David's
Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest
employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed
through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local
nonprofits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health
Foundation.HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing ExecutiveJoin a family that
cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Operating Room Registered Nurse opening. Apply
today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown , Operating Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!