Physician Assistant Part Time
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 9, 2022
.6 FTE (3 days a week) Outpatient only, No OR first assist,
possible outreach to Taylor Clinic one day/week. Job entails
Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
The PA Medical Specialty is a licensed, certified, non-physician
healthcare provider who actively renders direct patient care and
possesses delegated prescriptive authority, is credentialed and
privileged, and whose service is billed as an independent billing
provider, as recognized by Medicare and Medicaid within the
healthcare systems, and in accordance with the appropriate board.
The Advanced Practice Provider provides medical care based upon the
scope of practice as delineated by the supervising physician. These
providers work in a specialty clinic, and may specialize in
Palliative Care, Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Endocrinology,
Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Urology, Nephrology,
Neurology, Hematology, Oncology, Allergy and Immunology,
Rheumatology or other medical specialty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assesses the physical and mental condition of patients by
performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical
examinations and medical histories.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and
other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care
- Prescribes, recommends and/or employs medical drug therapies or
other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures or
performs indicated procedures in accordance with approved
protocols/policies with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost.
Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient
treatment plans based on patient assessments, evidence-based
medicine, standards of care, professional practice guidelines and
in collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary team
members when appropriate. Evaluates patient's response to health
care provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes,
management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition,
and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and
possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as
food supplements, over the counter medications and herbal
- Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient's treatment
plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when
the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
- Provides consultation level services for conditions/problems
related to the Provider's specialty and training.
- Manages patients in a healthcare setting(s) other than primary
clinic setting (e.g., inpatient, emergency services, procedural,
- Performs invasive procedures specific to scope of practice and
competency of the provider as delegated by supervising
- May be required to perform patient care duties beyond regular
schedule based on coverage needs of the department.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and
treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include
symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions,
and preventive health-care measures
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis,
treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based
patient treatment plans
- Ability to counsel patients concerning medical and
psychological/psychiatric conditions, treatment plans, and behavior
- Ability to interpret and evaluate laboratory and other
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the
state of Texas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire or
- Current certification by the National Commission on
Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA)
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification within 30 days of hire or transfer.
- Physician Assistants (PA): Must have a PA license through the
state of TX.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Georgetown , Physician Assistant Part Time, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!