Exercise Physiologist 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 10, 2022
The Exercise Physiologist 1 is responsible for coordinating and
planning preventative and rehabilitative health care for patients.
This position provides patient care by observing and assessing the
patient's condition, performing patient care interventions and
testing, evaluating the results of care and medications
administered, and educating patients and their families about the
nature, care and treatment of the patient's condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides patient care by observing and assessing the patient's
condition; performing patient care interventions, evaluating the
results of care, exercise and medications administered; and
educating patients and their families about the nature, care and
treatment of the patient's condition and disease
- Assesses the condition of assigned patient by obtaining the
patient's medical history through written reports, interviewing the
patient and/or family members and through observation.
- Develops exercise prescriptions consistent with the assessment
of the patient's condition and complementary to the medical plan of
care and the patient's goals. Performs appropriate exercise
tolerance testing on various patient populations and follows
appropriate procedures and guidelines when performing tests.
Implements a plan of care by teaching the patient how to perform
the prescribed exercises. Reassesses and evaluates the patient's
response to exercise, and modifies exercise prescription as needed.
Works closely with other team members in coordinating the care
- Documents pertinent assessment information, treatment
activities, and patient outcomes in the patient record (manual
and/or computer entry). Informs appropriate team members and family
spokesperson of pertinent changes in the patient's
- Educates patients and family members by communicating about
treatments administered, the objectives for the patient, and
necessary steps for continuing patient care and rehabilitation as
well as home guidelines. Comforts patients and family members and
responds to their concerns.
- Communicates effectively with team members in order to gather
and exchange information related to patient assessment, outcome and
the planning and implementation of care plans. Supports activities
of clinical care technicians and other unit support personnel.
Participates in patient care conferences. Assists in developing and
implementing discharge instructions and home programs.
- Researches, develops and delivers educational programs for
patients, patient families, team members, student interns,
community groups, and other interested health care professionals.
Develops educational tools such as handouts, pamphlets, booklets,
- Maintains knowledge of current trends related to exercise
physiology and cardiovascular rehabilitation and contributes to the
learning experience of students in health professions.
- Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
processes and other quality monitoring and improvement activities
in order to better serve the customer needs and to improve the
quality of services provided.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ability to work independently and follow protocol.
- Ability to define challenges, analyzes problems, and develops
and implements solutions in a proactive and positive
- High attention to detail in fast paced and dynamic
- Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining a high level
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees
- Demonstration of computer skills and the ability to
troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- - - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS)
- - - - - - -ACLS (ACLS): BLS and ACLS required within 30 days of
hire or transfer.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Georgetown , Exercise Physiologist 1, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!