Registered Nurse Charge Weekends
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionDo you have the career opportunities as a Medical
Surgical Charge Registered Nurse (RN) you want in your current
role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's
Georgetown Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.At St.
David's Georgetown Hospital we want to ensure your needs are met.
We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated Medical Surgical Charge Registered Nurse (RN) like you to
be a part of our team.Under the general supervision of the unit's
Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for
direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her
designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the
management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing
assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in
unit.The Charge Nurse:
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions of the designated unit during their shift
- Functions as a resource person for staff members.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when she/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based
on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Standards, Human
Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in
collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Ensures that Departmental mission and objectives are maintained
for the unit with interpretation of these objectives to staff as
necessary. Coordinates Departmental activities with responsibility
for the assessment of the quality and efficiency of these
activities. Assesses complexity of patient care and Department
service needs to coordinate assignment of nursing staff to meet all
required services on his/ her designated shift.
- Ensures implementation of operational standards which promote
the maintenance of patient rights
- Ensures all LVN staff's patients records reflect an admission
assessments & care plan performed by Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice and its
clinical application to the patient population served in the unit,
including the operation of equipment, and policy and procedures
used in the delivery of patient care during his/ her designated
- Maintains communication with other members of the management
team regarding potential/actual problems concerns, and with Medical
Staff issues. Assists with establishing and maintaining
communication channels with Medical Staff and departments in the
- Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with
delegation of activities based on patient care needs and
competencies of available patient care staff.
- Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to
conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including
input for performance evaluations.
- Serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical
procedures as needed and facilitates student/preceptor assignments
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which
correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with
involvement of all levels of staff as appropriate.
- Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide
for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments
throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on
patient needs and available resources on unit.
- Communicates directly with the supervisor and/ or director on
unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
- Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower,
equipment, and supplies.
- Participates in cost containment programs as applicable to
- Actively participates in appropriate Department and Hospital
- Maintains own professional growth through appropriate
organizations, workshops, seminars, leadership development and
other educational endeavors.
- Maintains awareness of current developments and trends in
- Rounds on staff and patients as appropriate.
- Ensures repair and maintenance problems are reported promptly.
Ensures all quality checks are conducted within given time frame,
to include but not limited to refrigerator/freezer temperatures,
crash cart, blanket warmer checks and other unit specific quality
checks are completed as assigned.St. David's Georgetown Hospital,
which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 114-bed facility
offering a range of services, including a 24-hour emergency
department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke
Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary
intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation; orthopedics and joint replacement; and
maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close
to home for Georgetown families. In 2019, St. David's Georgetown
Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by IBM
Watson Health (formerly known as Truven) in conjunction with its
parent campus, St. David's Medical Center, which made the list for
the tenth consecutive year.HCA Healthcare has been continually
named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In
2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses.If you are looking for an opportunity that
provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Medical Surgical Charge (RN) Registered Nurse
opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown , Registered Nurse Charge Weekends, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!