Pharmacy Tech Trainee
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Pharmacy Technician Trainee, under the close supervision of a
Pharmacist, performs limited technical functions associated with
the delivery of pharmaceutical care as assigned and in accordance
with Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Receives training to perform limited pharmacy services and
duties associated with the stocking, preparation, labeling,
dispensing and delivery of medications.
- Receives training to perform designated tasks including
pharmacy quality control, management of pharmacy records, inventory
control and preparation of order for drugs.
- Cleans and helps maintain equipment and work area; sterilizes
glassware according to established procedures.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Basic understanding of general health care modalities,
therapies, terminology and equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and
dispensing of prescription medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control,
environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Georgetown , Pharmacy Tech Trainee, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!