Registered Nurse Outpatient Services PRN
Company: Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute
Posted on: January 9, 2021
We are hiring for a PRN Registered Nurse for our Outpatient
Services at Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute. The RN is
responsible for delivering quality general/psychiatric nursing care
to patients who seek outpatient services for treatment of
psychiatric or emotional disorders, support the hospital and
program philosophy of care, and ensure the safety and well-being of
each patient.Essential Duties:
- Provide direct care to patients, which includes facilitating
social and emotional needs, supervising medication schedules and
evaluating patient progress.
- Collaborate with a variety of interdisciplinary professionals
to determine and provide the best possible care for their
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment within the
- Provide social support for patients by creating and encouraging
patients to take advantage of opportunities such as support groups,
social activities and other therapeutic measures.
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients
and relatives to gather case history.
- Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
- Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of
patients and recommends treatment options.
- Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff
in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients.
- Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other
- Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of emotional
disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
- Keep accurate written charts and records of patient activities
and progress. Comply with laws, rules, regulations, protocols, and
- Use professional judgment to ascertain and to apply appropriate
intervention techniques with patients in crisis.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff
- Test for vital signs of pain and ensures treatments of
- Documents all patient information on medical charts and follows
physician's written orders.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient
treatments, immunizations and laboratory results according to
standard medical record keeping.
- Performs administrative assignments such as filing, answering
phones, typing, and completing progress notes in the computer
system.RequirementsEducation and/or Licensure - ADN/BSN or
equivalent. Must possess current RN licensure in the State of Texas
by the Nursing Board. Must possess or obtain a valid CPR
certification and SAMA training within 30 days of hire.Experience -
None required. Prior psychiatric healthcare experience
helpful.Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to concentrate on work amidst distractions such as
noise, conversations and foot traffic; must be able to consistently
meet deadlines; and finish all food preparation at specified
serving time; must be flexible in work hours in order to meet
patient and organization operating needs.
- Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile customer
- High school level reading and writing skills; acceptable oral
and written communication skills along with legible
- Customer service skills in face to face interactions with
dealing courteously with patients, the public, and other staff
within the organization.
- Use of appropriate social skills, including demonstration and
respect for patients and staff; empathy toward patients; skills in
teaching or assisting with activities of daily living helpful.
- Must be able to work independently, in a result restricted
physical environment for extended periods of time.
- Skill to independently interpret reference materials to comply
with law, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Ability to apply time management practices to prioritize,
schedule and complete work effectively to comply with mandated
policies and deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or parts of tasks
simultaneously to ensure timely completion of work
activities.BenefitsFull-time employees are eligible for medical,
dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous
amount of paid time off.If you are among the most competitive and
qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by
one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications
we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries
regarding your application status. Good luck & we hope to meet you
soon!Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Keywords: Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute, Georgetown , Registered Nurse Outpatient Services PRN, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!