General Manager-New Store-Wolf Ranch
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: April 17, 2019
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading through
Employer's mission, vision, and values in order to develop a
high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales
growth. The GM leads a team of 4-5 department managers and is
accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store,
inclusive of the salon. This leader drives his/her business through
a focus on performance (sales, service, and expense control),
people (talent acquisition, training, and development), and process
(standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion
for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to
lead and influence.PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential
Functions)The GM is a champion of Employer's mission, vision, and
values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently
through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales,
profitability, and operational excellence. --
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve
sales & payroll goals, and complete workload. --
- Build a team that embodies the Employer brand by delivering
exceptional service and driving guest loyalty. --
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting
regularly, including store visit and audit results. --
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that
leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company
programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth
and engagement of associates.
- Model a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise
strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the
management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Employer
policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company's scheduling tool as directed to schedule the
right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order
to provide an exceptional guest experience, reduce loss, and
execute company directives.
- Use the company's task management tool as directed to
prioritize the execution of store workload, ensuring full
leadership adoption and compliance with company policy.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store
standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace
safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs
and influencing end-user adoption. Education
- Bachelor's degree is preferredExperience
- 3-5+ years of fast-paced, retail management, or other relevant
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales,
interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory
levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service
culture, and executing merchandising directives
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing,
and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading
others through the change-curve, developing collaborative
relationships with others, and leading and influencingSkills
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft
Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous
situations, and be flexible/adaptableSPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings,
weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings and conferences (may require overnight
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basisFor
positions located in San Francisco:-- pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Georgetown , General Manager-New Store-Wolf Ranch, Executive , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!