Assistant General Manager, Clark's Oyster Bar
Company: McGuire Moorman
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Job Title: Assistant General Manager Reports to: General Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time, Exempt-Salary Clark's Oyster Bar is
seeking an energetic and dynamic Assistant General Manager to join
their team! Advanced interpersonal skills to help navigate complex
working relationships and a strategic mindset that allows to plan
and develop talent management, training, and safety. Essential
Functions and Duties: The Assistant General Manager oversees and
coordinates all aspects of operations for the restaurant.
Responsible for the planning, organizing, training, and leadership
necessary to achieve stated objectives including sales, costs,
employee retention, guest services and satisfaction, cleanliness,
and sanitation with a specific focus on FOH operations. Effectively
hire, train, and mentor in order to identify the next leaders.
Continually analyze our current standards for the purpose of
elevating and developing new ones. In addition to the oversight of
the restaurant, the AGM is expected to assist the floor operations.
The AGM is an extension of the GM and should expect, from time to
time, to fulfill GM roles and duties, with the assistance and
support of the ownership. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, and hires.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Coach and mentor other managers in the outlets. What we are
- Work collaboratively to ensure continuous improvement in
quality of guest experience, hospitality, service, operational
effectiveness, employee retention and satisfaction.
- Be prepared to execute service efficiently and effectively,
maintaining the proper pace and food/drink quality. Work closely
and coordinate with BOH management and FOH team to ensure an
elevated guest experience.
- Understand, implement and execute all policies, procedures,
standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Supervise the team, insuring that direction and guidance is
provided and quality standards are achieved.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality,
appearance of facilities, sanitation and cleanliness through
training of employees and establishing a positive, productive
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest experience is never
compromised as a result of operational challenges.
- Continually mentor and provide opportunities to advance the
education and development of staff as it relates to food and
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions
for improvement. Be present during all executive meetings; prepared
to respond comprehensively to all questions, concerns, and issues
regarding Public Relations, financials, and Human Resources.
- Ensure that all equipment and the overall environment is kept
clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal
inspection and by following the preventative maintenance
- Schedule staff as required by anticipated business activity
while ensuring that all positions are staffed when needed while
labor cost objectives are met.
- Know, follow and implement all policies and procedures
regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent
corrective action for any and all violations of company policies,
rules, standards and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and
municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor
requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- All other duties as assigned. MANAGEMENT EXPECTED BEHAVIORS
- Model Management Culture Manual while continually striving to
infuse their meaning, relevance and impact into all aspects of your
role as a leader.
- Represent yourself and our organization professionally through
effective communication, follow through and collaboration with all
business partners; internal and external. Demonstrate loyalty and
pride in our restaurant as well our employees and products.
- Demonstrate ownership of job responsibilities through focus,
determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating
the guest experience in every interaction.
- ct with integrity and honesty in upholding the values of our
- Work as a member of a highly functioning team. Maintain a
professional and respectful dialogue with everyone to
collaboratively identify positive solutions to problems or
- Demonstrate trust in your actions, having the confidence in
knowing that we are all looking out for each other's best
- Understand and communicate to those under your direction the
philosophy of management and owners.
- Take ownership of your performance and strive to elevate the
performance of your team. Be a force of inspiration to encourage
growth and innovation.
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment
based upon respect; identify opportunities for staff to learn, grow
and develop their abilities.
- Establish a benefit for our guests, each other, the restaurant
and the overall industry into the future. REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices,
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Education and
- Four years of progressive experience in high-volume food
production or catering
- At least 3 years of previous high-level experience in a
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment Physical
Requirements: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties
of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this position include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust
focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MML Hospitality is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability,
veteran status, or any other prohibited basis. It is our intention
that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job-related factors. If an offer is
extended for this position you will be required to undergo a
comprehensive background check. This process may include
verification of employment history, education credentials, criminal
records, and other relevant information of
Keywords: McGuire Moorman, Georgetown , Assistant General Manager, Clark's Oyster Bar, Executive , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!