RN Director of Case Management
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Description IntroductionAre you ready to manage in a new era as
a RN Director of Case Management where building a healthier
tomorrow is more than a job? Our St. David's Georgetown Hospital
team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving
more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.BenefitsWe are
committed to providing our executives the support they need. At St.
David's Georgetown Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an
attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental
and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K -(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance -and -Reimbursements -for Tuition and
- Employee Discounts -including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, -Auto, and -Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term -& -Long Term Disability -coverage
- Adoption -Assistance
- Legal Benefits -and lots more!Our teams are dedicated to
improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S.
hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an
impact as a(an) RN Director of Case Management where your passion
for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications The Facility Case
Management Director has the overall responsibility for managing and
coordinating department activities. The Director ensures staff
compliance with organizational policies and external regulatory
agencies and takes leadership responsibility to coordinate the
integration of the department's patient care and discharge planning
processes with related hospital departments and external agencies
to ensure continuity of care and optimal clinical resource
utilization. The Director has oversight for all aspects of daily
hospital case management operations and is accountable for
achieving established outcomes through actively engaging
interdisciplinary teams and external stakeholders. The Director is
a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) seven responsibility
for all operational aspects of the Department. This position
requires an executive presence and possess excellent communication
and presentation skills, proven motivational capabilities, and a
demonstrated accomplishment record of delivering results and
attaining goals. This position is a subject matter expert in case
management that requires solid leadership, trust building, team
building, as well as change management skills to ensure success of
the department and case management initiatives. This position
requires an individual who is a self-starter and has the ability to
manage multiple priorities, work with minimal supervision on
projects and activities, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in
situations of conflict and controversy. This individual must be
able to adapt quickly to change and coordinate efforts across
- You will direct and evaluate departmental operations, including
the case management model, staffing (skill mix and FTEs), use of
information technologies, onboarding, and staff competencies to
achieve performance and quality objectives.
- You will allocate resources to effectively staff department and
meet productivity and quality goals.
- You will oversee the collaboration of Case Managers (RNs and
SWs) with patients, physicians, nursing staff, and ancillary
- You will ensure the proper utilization of the hospital
- You will integrate evidence-based tools and practices into
operations, including InterQual for progression of care.
- You will ensure the adherence to care coordination and
discharge planning processes, ensuring timeliness, quality, and
proper documentation (including BPCI or BPCI-A programs).
- You will participate in readmission reduction efforts.
- You will work with the hospital CFO and Division CM Leader to
establish departmental goals that align with division and company
- You will participate in the preparation and maintenance of
reports/minutes including but not limited to UM Committee and
monthly department meetings.
- You will assess and improves the department's performance by
evaluating operational processes, monitoring performance through
data, analyzing the data, implementing sustainable performance
improvement, and participating in multi-disciplinary,
inter-departmental PI activities.
- You will coordinate and direct root-cause analysis and case
reviews when departmental goals are unmet, providing feedback to
case management team as indicated.
- You will implement policies, procedures, and standards of the
hospital within the Case Management department.
- You will consult and collaborate with division CM leadership
along with facility stakeholders, including CMO, CNO, ancillary
service leaders, Ethics & Compliance, and Legal, in meeting patient
needs as well as system goals & objectives while assuring quality
and continuity of patient care.
- You will prepare, monitors, and evaluates department budgets,
and ensures that the department operates in compliance with
- You will participate in performance improvement activities to
assure continuous quality improvement.
- You will ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements.
- You will perform other duties as assigned.
- You will practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" and
"Mission and Value Statement." What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- 3+ years experience in acute care hospital Case Management
- 2+ years experience in Case Management OR Nursing Leadership is
a comprehensive healthcare facility located north of Austin,Texas.
This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and is
known for itsLevel IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke
Center, and Certified Chest PainCenter. The hospital's range of
services include 24-hour emergency care,inpatient and outpatient
surgery, maternity and newborn care, rehabilitation, .St. David's
Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one
of thelargest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest
employer in the Austin area. St. David'sHealthCare was formed
through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local
nonprofits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health
Foundation.HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institutefor over a decade. -In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare's more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.Together, we uplift
and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane
Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAANSenior Vice President and Chief
Nursing ExecutiveIf this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity
that compels you, apply for the RN Director of Case Management
role. We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown , RN Director of Case Management, Executive , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!