Server Solution Product Management and Planning - PowerEdge Servers, Round Rock, TX
Posted on: January 13, 2020
The responsibilities of this position include new offer
investigation, business case development, concept marketing
requirement documents (MRD) creation, technology assessment and
planning in the enterprise server industry. Developing offer
roadmaps and providing competitive analysis is required for a line
of business and corresponding customer segment. The incumbent will
work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented
individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique
position as a technology leader ensures that you'll always be
challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most
- Responsible for translating use cases in verticals to
workloads, software applications and offer design tenets
- Working with all relevant groups within Dell (Server, Storage,
Software, Solutions and Networking) to ensure that products meet
both workloads standards and customer requirements.
- Responsible for market analysis of workload-driven
infrastructure business opportunity reviewing analyst reports,
primary research, interacting with customers and sales.
- participates in development of product line strategy for
specific target use cases/workloads and market segments.
- Responsible for developing product proposals for applicable
line of business.
- Responsible for developing internal solution offer
presentations and for line of business.
- Identify key enterprise application software vendors for
partnership or certification opportunities
- Guide development team on performance tenets assessments
related to software validation on Dell infrastructure
- Assess opportunities and competitive offerings to determine how
best to define requirements to enhance customer experience and
differentiate from competitors.
- Contribute to workloads related messaging briefs, marketing and
sales enablement plans working wih peer marketing teams.
- Responsible for sales training, participate in customer, sales
and partner meetings and offer workloads based
- 10 + years of experience in classic marketing skills (i.e.
Product, Positioning, Pricing, and Promotion) and/or enterprise
- The candidate would have experience in strategizing or product
management of enterprise software based solutions.
- Experience in managing enterprise software in IT environments
or decision maker for infrastructure to run enterprise software in
IT environments is a plus.
- Must understand how workloads, applications, and data -map to
enterprise infrastructure architectures.
- Must have strong knowledge of enterprise and cloud IT, ISV and
open source software eco-systems, future trends and direction,
including industry competitors.
- Must have solid grasp of financial management concepts;
including product line P&L, break even analysis, Excel, pivot
- Must have strong analytical skills and working knowledge of
- Must have strong writing and presentation content creation
(visual and storyboard) skills
- Must have good organization skills, including the ability to
form cross-functional project teams effectively within Dell
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
Keywords: Dell, Georgetown , Server Solution Product Management and Planning - PowerEdge Servers, Round Rock, TX, Executive , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!