Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Company: Schunk Xycarb Technology
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The U.S Operations of Schunk Xycarb Technology is looking for an
Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Schunk Xycarb Technology is the one-stop leading global supplier of
Silicon Carbide coated Graphite, Quartz-ware, Ceramic and Silicon
consumable products and related technology services for the
Microelectronics industry. Schunk Xycarb Technology produces
high-tech process-chamber equipment parts for wafer production and
processing, including dedicated customer engineering support. Our
advanced solutions enable leading-edge manufacturing of
next-generation Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, Solar and Silicon
devices and applications. Schunk Xycarb Technology is a business
group of the Schunk Group, with its global headquarters in Helmond,
the Netherlands, and local representation at key locations
world-wide. The headquarters for the Americas operations and the
global Center of Excellence for Quartz design, production and
reconditioning are located in Georgetown, Texas.
Within Operations, the Engineering department is responsible
- The availability of safe process/measurement equipment and
installations for the mechanical (MBA) and Warm Quartz (WKA)
- Quartz process technology development - creating, documenting,
refining, improving and extending the skills, technologies,
processes and quality related to quartz and ceramic part
- Monitoring of these equipment and installations;
- Supporting complex process issues;
- Developing new technologies, and continuous improvement of
existing technology to improve efficiency and reliability of
The department consists of process and equipment engineers, which
support operations and drive improvement projects. For improvement
projects there is close cooperation with other departments (matrix
organization). Xycarb has been growing rapidly, so specialization
within the engineering department is needed. To support this
expansion, we are looking for an Automation Engineer.
What are you going to do?The Manufacturing Automation Engineer is a
new role within the Engineering department. We are looking for an
ambitious engineer who wants to take on this challenge in helping
to shape this role, within an organization with unique
manufacturing processes. These processes are currently based on
mainly manual activities. The Automation Engineer is responsible
for the development of the automation roadmap, and realization of
this roadmap. The roadmap consists of mechanics/robotics/automation
solutions for manufacturing processes. These solutions support the
reduction of risks and cost, and the improvement of safety,
ergonomics, and product quality.
Furthermore, you will:
- Take a leading role in the transition of manual handling to
(semi) automated manufacturing processes;
- Provide guidance and insight towards SXT in the context of
developing sound automated systems;
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions to
provide leadership guidance on automation strategy and
- Evaluate automation systems through cost analysis and capital
expenditure requests to justify automation projects.
- Initiate and lead projects to realize robotics and automation
solutions, execute these projects within scope, budget and
- Develop handling solutions across a range of manufacturing
processes and realize these solutions with selected partners;
- Be actively involved with performance indicators such as:
number of incidents, risk mitigation, OEE, MTBF;
- Support existing automated equipment solutions deployed
throughout Operations by providing software and hardware
- Create instruction and documentation for the use and
maintenance of mechanical/robotics/automation solutions;
- Create guidelines for and collaborate with engineering and
operations teams to set the bar for design for automation for
product handling processes;
- Educate members of technology deployment and Operations on
automation system architecture, usability, and functionality;
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and supporting
departments on factory integration activities;
- Hands on technical support for: troubleshooting equipment
problems, tooling and fixture design, and mechanical processes,
including support for process development, debugging, and equipment
improvements on both existing equipment as well as new equipment /
What will you bring?
- A Bachelor's or Master's in a technical field (e.g.
mechatronics, equipment automation, robotics)
- Strong skills in electrical design and programming
- Strong mechanical design experience
- Experience required with commercial robot such as Universal
robots, Fanuc, etc.
- Experience with system integration and programming of
- Several years of relevant experience in project management
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects
- Good command of written and spoken English
- And of course, you 'live' the core competencies of Xycarb:
Innovation, Collaboration and Customer & Service Orientation.
What do we offer?
- A high-tech environment with an ambitious worldwide
- An international organization, headquartered in Helmond, The
Netherlands, with locations across the US, Europe and Asia.
- A dedicated, specialized team where collaboration is key. Our
team is our strength!
- An open atmosphere in a professional, constructive working
- The strategic benefits of working for a privately held company
with the global resources of the Schunk Group.
- A challenging position with an opportunity to direct your own
success and that offers plenty of opportunities for
- An excellent benefit package to include health insurance
benefits, retirement, paid holidays and paid time off as well as
quarterly profit-sharing bonuses.
Keywords: Schunk Xycarb Technology, Georgetown , Manufacturing Automation Engineer, Engineering , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!