Senior Government Proposal, Contracts and Pricing Manager
Posted on: September 6, 2019
Sr. Government Proposal, Contracts and Pricing Manager
SUMMARY: Ensure consistent management of all proposals and
contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract
management process, as well as development of specific standards
for bidding and submission, contract negotiations, and document
management. Also, studies pricing to determine the best target
prices for the company and applies pricing strategies to optimize
sale and profit margins for AirBorn. Lead contract negotiations for
a complete contracting transaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other
duties may be assigned.
- Support the preparation and construction of professional
proposals for submission to customers.
- Oversee organizational contract development and management
activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and
- Lead TINA compliance, including coordination with finance,
discussions with customer, coordination of TINA cost packages.
- Prepare commercial item determination documentation for
submission to customer.
- Develop standards for contracts, including general language and
- With legal, draft contractual provisions based on strategy
discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and
expectations. Ensure appropriate business clauses are drafted for
specific business needs.
- Minimize contract exposure.
- Timely support customer need dates and information requests in
the proposal process.
- Coordinate proposal requirements with all necessary functions,
including disseminating key proposal information, seeking feedback
and ensuring necessary parties are notified of contract
requirements for implementation.
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and
- Serve as primary organizational contact during contract
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving
legal or regulatory requirements and contract standards.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an
ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure
compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes
requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Support functional strategy for long term agreements, including
maintaining plan for renewals in advance of expiration when
- Work closely with the Sales Team to forge and maintain key
- Support activities inclusive of cost estimates, new price
generation, and discrepancy resolution.
- Lead long term agreement transactions with customers in effort
to minimize overall contract administration and enhance customer
relations. Will require related pricing activities, statement of
work review and modification, and negotiation of applicable terms
- Key focal for FAR, DFARS and other regulatory reviews and
approvals. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES requires knowledge
typically acquired through:
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from a four year college or
university in business, management, or related field preferred. (In
some cases, an advanced degree may be desirable.); or equivalent
- Ten years of experience; and/or equivalent combination of
education and experience in a contract role, such as proposals,
purchasing or contracting. Understanding of regulatory processes a
- Experience in applying organizational standards when developing
requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting
- Strong verbal and written skills and ability to convey complex
information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one
and group situations.
- Ability to work independently, but communication and
collaboration with other departments is important.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw
relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
information in mathematical or diagram form and deal with both
abstract and concrete variables. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand, talk, hear, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, and controls, and reach with arms and hands. The
employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential job functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate and travel is limited to less than
30%. Employer may consider telecommuting opportunity with some
AirBorn, Inc. is an EOE/Disability/Veteran employer.
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of
information which is subject to the federal International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must
be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S.
Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,
person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in
the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted
for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. --1160(a) (for
special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. --1255(a)(1) (an amnesty
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below and
select the Submit button.
Please read the following statements carefully:
- I understand that in accepting this application, AirBorn is in
no way obligated to provide me with employment and that I am not
obligated to accept employment if offered.
- I certify that all answers to questions in this application are
true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that
any falsified statements on this application or omission of fact on
either this application or during the pre-employment process may
result in my application being rejected, or, if I am hired, in my
employment being terminated. Furthermore, I voluntarily give the
company permission to investigate all statements contained in this
application. I further release from all liability or
responsibility, persons or companies conducting or responding to
- If employed by AirBorn, Inc., I will comply with all rules,
regulations, policies and procedures of the company. I understand
that if hired, my employment will be "at will". I will remain free
to resign my employment at any time. AirBorn may likewise terminate
my employment at any time with or without cause or notice, unless
there is a written contract to the contrary signed by an officer of
the company and me.
- I understand that I may be required to work overtime which
would include hours and days not regularly scheduled.
- I understand that signing a confidentiality and/or non-compete
agreement may be a condition of employment.
- I also understand that any offer of employment is conditioned
on the completion of pre-employment tests, background checks and
verification of documentation. I will, upon request, sign all
necessary consent forms. This company prepares affirmative action
plans that cover females, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities. This survey is meant to help the
company fulfill various objectives of these affirmative action
PLEASE NOTE : You are not required to complete any part of this
form. The decision not to complete this form will not affect any
opportunity for employment or any benefits with the company. Any
information you provide in this survey will be kept confidential
and will not be used in any way that may adversely affect your
employment with this company.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RELATED DATA (Please check appropriate boxes) IF
you checked "Not Hispanic" above, please check one or more of the
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected
veterans listed below, please indicate by checking the appropriate
box. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the
Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), we request
this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the
outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to
Protected Veteran Categories:
Disabled Veteran - A disabled veteran is one of the following: (a)
a veteran of the U.S. military, ground..... click apply for full
Keywords: AirBorn, Georgetown , Senior Government Proposal, Contracts and Pricing Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!