Cost Accounting Analyst
Company: Advantage Resourcing
Posted on: April 7, 2019
LAST UPDATED: Apr 2,
AnalystPosition SummaryKey accounting team member with ownership of
month end close processes including journal entries,
reconciliations, variance analysis, and executive reporting,
requiring advanced Accounting knowledge and applications. ?Goes
beyond the debits and credits to perform analysis of business
results and makes recommendations to streamline processes, minimize
risk and improve business results.? Complete ownership of specific
processes such as Fixed Assets, Standard Costs, Repair and
Maintenance, Accruals Inventory, as well as AR/AP.? Processes
require employee to utilize a significant amount of analysis and
judgement in decision-making through ambiguity.Must Partner with VP
Operations to track and record Operations activity including
production, productivity, inventory tracking strategic Kanban build
plans, and headcount management and utilization. Goal is to improve
total output and efficiencies to maximize sales and grow
profits.Essential Job Functions
- Key Partner of VP of Operations. Join and lead the daily
productivity meeting to understand production activity, utilization
of resources, inventory build, scrap, etc.
- Perform month end close responsibilities to ensure accurately
stated financial statements; this includes preparing and entering
month end journal entries, performing variance analysis, preparing
balance sheet reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Create and compile regular periodic reporting for executive
leadership.? This includes analysis on the data, insights on the
analysis, and recommendation to drive the business.
- Manage Company- wide inventory tracking system, outside of ERP
system. This includes annual physical inventory purchases, periodic
cycle count processes and daily production processes.
- Other duties as assigned.Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and attention to
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized with the ability to
prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and adapt to continuous
improvement driven change.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across the
- 4-year Accounting or Finance degree required.? CPA license
- 4 ? 7 years? experience in accounting, preferably in a cost
accounting/ manufacturing analyst role.
- Proficient at QuickBooks (preferred) and Microsoft Excel
(required).(Salary Depends on Experience)Language Requirements:
Keywords: Advantage Resourcing, Georgetown , Cost Accounting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!